Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Kicking Off With a Ninja Sharp New Them!

            Hello to any LEGO® lovers and welcome to the very first post on Baseplate Bricks!  Although this newborn blog is just one of the hundreds of LEGO related blogs out there, I hope that visiting my blog will become one of you favorite sites to visit.  I personally research new and old LEGO news daily (or when ever I have the chance) so the idea on creating a blog about them seemed like a great idea.  This is in fact my second blog that I have started and I do plan to keep both of them updated weekly.

            Now, no LEGO blog post is complete with out any reviews, or other LEGO news such as NINJAGO!  NinjaGo® is on of the new themes that LEGO is coming out with in 2011 and let me say now it looks very promising!
                 
             From the picture above we can tell right off the bat that this is going to be a popular set and will most likely be seen in many MOCs, meaning “my own creation” (visit http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/My+Own+Creation for the definition).  Actually the LEGO website already has the NinjaGo on the products page which does in fact mean that the promo website is also up and running (here’s the link

The first 11 ninja sets LEGO released was in 1998.  The sets where pretty cool, considering that they were released twelve years ago.  Just this past summer my siblings and I got a good deal on some old sets such as Mission Control 6456 (space set), and Robber’s Retreat 6088 which is on of the first 1998 Ninja sets.  If you compare the 90’s sets and the upcoming ones, there are only slight differences.  The older sets seemed to be battling other ninjas but now they’re battling skeleton warriors, but perhaps they will change it later like with Castle and Kingdoms changed.        

There is one big difference though and that is they are a card game as well as a toy. 
It looks as if each minifigure comes with five cards, three weapons, a few bricks and a spinner to put the minifigure on.  You can view the rest of the NinjaGo sets on Brickset at http://www.brickset.com/search/?theme=NinjaGo&year=2011.  Luckily these new figs will not be in blind packaging as the Collectable Minifigs where so you’ll be able to pick out you favorite easily.  

            And that concludes the first post of Baseplate Bricks.  The comments are open to anyone so if you have any questions please ask me in the comments and I will be sure to respond ASAP (or email me at fredtennis@roadrunner.com if you like to contact me personally).

  
Note: The contests of this blog post include: LEGO®, Brickset, and The Free Dictionary. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure, and the Brick and Knob configurations are trademarks of the LEGO Group.      


No comments:

Post a Comment